Tuesday, July 12, 2011

On A Night Like This: Kylie's Aphrodite World Tour, Manila


Photo courtesy of the Inquirer.net

What do I make of this Aphrodite Tour I was talked into watching, as favor to a friend?

I am not a Kylie fan. In fact, I don't know much about her music and was even surprised to learn that she was the artist behind some very few songs from way back I had the chance of recognizing. Even that doesn't mean I know the lyrics to the song/s. That's how unfamiliar I am with her work. Her videos actually left bigger impressions.

Despite these, I was able to still enjoy the night dancing and swaying to the beat of her music. For what it's worth, it WAS a visual spectacle, of which there's so much effort and love put into - a production befitting gods and goddesses, what with its elaborate set and trapeze artists galore.

Photo courtesy of the Manila Bulletin (mb.com.ph)

Noticeable is the number of members of the third sex in the crowd, ostentatious in their full regalia... costumes... dress... or whatever you call it. Definitely otherworldly (Lady Gaga move aside). Also, for her age (I think she's 50 something?), it's amazing to see Kylie performing still with much gusto and not really looking her age. Well, at least not much. She still is one hot woman, yes? The fact that she used to battle cancer while exuding a positive and fun aura still, only inspires hope and admiration.      

This night did not really bring a Kylie fan out of me, but I was definitely entertained. 

No comments:

Post a Comment