Sunday, May 8, 2011

Ming Yuen Kitchen


I recently had dinner with a friend at this Chinese restaurant that had just opened in this mall that I usually frequent. We ordered spicy steamed beef w/ soy sauce, minced pork with aubergine and yang chow rice. The food was good, to say the least, especially the yang chow rice. I'm glad that the beef was tender. However, I had to say that the soy sauce mixture really comes as an indispensable part of the entree as it gives that extra flavor to the meat, which was a tad bland on its own. The minced pork with aubergine, I'm not really a big fan of. I find it overly moist and the eggplant overcooked. Good thing it's big on flavor which somehow compensates.

Aside from getting my gastronomic fix, there is one more perk I got to enjoy while dining there - I got inspiration for the design of my future living room. The ceiling treatment they did was magical. I surmise that the effect they are trying to go for is a fusion of Zen, modern, minimalist, for which I hope I'm not giving interior design much discredit making such assumptions


But I tell you one thing, I could definitely use some tips and learn a thing or two on how to go about the trade, especially now that the big 'MOVE' (to a new place) is really just around the corner. The thought of moving in to a house that's purely bare drives me nuts and has been a cause of many a sleepless night.

I try not to fret as much as I can and just really get through with it with much fun as possible, hoping that when I look back to this day I would have nothing but happy and wonderful memories to rekindle. Maybe some hard life lessons too, but really more of stories that would elicit big laughs.

No comments:

Post a Comment