Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Project Habitat

The past few days kept me all pumped up and excited about how to arrange and design my new house. It’s not officially turned over to me yet as there are still few paperwork that needs to be done. However, the mere prospect of having the house taken out in a few weeks’ time is enough to bring the insomniac out of me. In my mind I would imagine how the interiors would look like; when, where and how to start; and a host of other 'trivial' matters that are nonetheless significant as far as aesthetics is concerned.

Quite frankly, the mental exercise had me taxed out. It was undoubtedly fun but also exhausting at the same time. And I haven’t even done any physical tasks yet. 

Not that I’m complaining.

Special things do require time. They are a product of much thought, hard work, patience and love. And this one, I hope, is no exception. I understand this is all part and parcel of starting a new life, of embarking in a new endeavor, especially when you feel in your gut that it is going to be the start of something big - something great.

I hope my bubble doesn't burst. Many a dream I had ended up not coming to fruition or are otherwise stunted, taking a backseat.

Up to the last minute, in fact, I was still thinking whether to put the property up for rent or not, which I think is the more practical thing to do, investment-wise. However, recent events at home made me decide to just make that big jump and live life as a totally free man, having the place for myself.

I say, "Cheers!" to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment